Friday, October 14, 2011

CoverItLive: Patch Covering Obama's Visit

A screen shot from Hartland Patch showing Patch.com's live coverage Friday.
HARTLAND, Michigan — Online journalism often is instant journalism. Right now, you can follow and participate in a discussion about President Barack Obama's visit to an auto plant today in Orion Township.

Check it out at: http://hartland.patch.com/articles/live-president-obama-in-michigan.

Let us know what you think of the coverage in comments below and receive 5 extra credit points. Your comment, though, must be longer than a few sentences. Try to answer the questions: Does this work journalistically? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it?

I hope we get a few takers. You can also go back later and review it. Not as fun, but another way to get the extra credit points. You have until 11:59 p.m. Monday to do this.

1 comment:

  1. I particularly do not like this type of journalism, while it might be effective to keeping people up to date, it seems very stop and go. It makes for tougher reading and harder to keep involved in unless your watching the whole event unfold. Also from the time line it took hours of updating which means reads have to keep watching to see how things unfold, I know someone who works at that plant and I received more information about what was going on from her than I did in that form of journalism.I really found it difficult to keep focused on the story, which made reading it so much harder than a typical news story. I do think it is inventive and works for people who like that type of news. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete